All the news about summer 2018 in Rome
Summer in Rome has always been full of events, about cinema, music, discovery of wonderful night tours, and so on. Roman citizens will never get bored in the Eternal City.
For Art lovers, there are many exhibitions and guided tours - by day and by night:
- Monet: the father of Impressionism will be at the Complesso del Vittoriano until June the 3rd, to let you admire his most important works, such as his water lilies, the rural or urban landscapes, his children portraits, etc. The exhibition was curated by Marianne Mathieu.
- Vatican museums: aperitif and night tour: the extraordinary opening after the sunset will take place every Friday from April 20th to October 26th. It will be possible to visit the Sistine Chapel, Raffaello rooms, a section of Borgia's apartments, the Egyptian museum, and Pio Clementino Museum, after the happy hour in Cortile della Pigna. The experience is very touching and interesting.
- The Bunker of the King: Savoia's shelter has two itineraries; the first one at the bunker - recently restored by the volunteers of Associazione Roma Sotterranea. In this tour, you can visit some sections without furniture, as they have recently been restored, after the vandalism they have been affected by the last years. The second tour offers the possibility to visit Villa dei Savoia, actually the site of the Arabian Egyptian Republic Embassy. In both cases, the tour will offer you a video about Savoia's history and the most important places connected to them, curated by Fabio Toncelli.
- Time Elevator: Rome as you have never seen it. A fantastic journey back in time, departing from the origins anybody knows about Romolo and Remo, the terrible death of Emperor Julius Caesar, until the creation of the Sistine Chapel, by Michelangelo. A one-of-a kind experience, as you can see the reproduction of some important monuments, such as the Colosseum or the Vesta temple. You can discover 2750 years of Roman history, by the five platforms available, together with the Big Bang explosion, and human evolution. It offers great emotions for adults and children, to experience the Eternal City from a different point of view.
- Leonardo da Vinci Experience: it is the only one museum dedicated to Leonardo da Vinci, in the world. There are many works made of materials and characterized by techniques of Renaissance art. There are pictures, but not only: it is obviously wonderful to watch the "Last Supper", but you will be able to discover other works, creations and the best machines, by the most brilliant genius of the Renaissance.
Many concerts will take place, thanks to the copious stars exhibiting in Rome:
- Patti Smith and Her Band: she will be in concert at the Auditorium - Parco della Musica, on June the 10th.
- Vasco Rossi: on his tour - Vascononstop Live 2018 - he will be at the Olympic Stadium, on June 11th and 12th.
- Fabrizio Moro: after Sanremo, he will exhibit himself at the Olympic Stadium, on June the 20th.
- Orchestraccia: a Roman folk rock group playing at the Auditorium - Parco della Musica, on June the 17th.
- Cesare Cremonini: former leader of the Lunapop Band, he will sing at the Olympic Stadium, on June 23rd.
- Negramaro: the pop rock tour will play at the Olympic Stadium, on June the 30th.
- Simple Minds: the famous Scottish group will play at the Auditorium - Parco della Musica, on July the 3rd.
- Francesco De Gregori: the great Italian singer-songwriter, will play his songs at the Auditorium - Parco della Musica, on July the 6th.
- Snarky Puppy: Jazz band from Brooklyn, they will play at the Auditorium Parco della Musica, on July the 7th.
- Beyoncé and Jay-Z: the International stars have chosen the Olympic Stadium as one step of the world wide tour, on July 8th experience
- Alanis Morissette: the Canadian singer- songwriter we'll play at the Auditorium - Parco della Musica, on July the 9th.
And many other concerts will take place in the following months!
For the first time this year, the volleyball World Cup will take place in two countries: Italy and Bulgaria. The first matches will take place in Rome, at the Foro Italico. You can't miss this event if you love volleyball. The World Cup will start on September 9th, and the 24 best themes of the world will play to gain the world cup.
Many shows will take place during the Roman summer. Many stars will exhibit for the Roman citizens and visitors, entertainment and past memories.
- The sweet Vitti: the story of the great Monica Vitti, at Teatro dei Dioscuri at Quirinale, until June 10th. An exhibition about private and art life of the wonderful actress, loved by everybody, considered the last real celebrity of the Italian country, and an actress now symbol of the Italian comedy.
- Gigi Proietti: he will exhibit himself playing his new show Cavalli di Battaglia, at the Auditorium - Parco della Musica. The encore performances will take place from June the 20th to the 23rd, and they will offer you the possibility to discover any Gigi's features: a versatile and superb artist.
- La Dolce Vita: everybody surely remembers the film by Federico Fellini! Many tours will take place in Rome, visiting all the places background of the masterpiece by Fellini, such as Fontana di Trevi or the famous Via Veneto, to experience the magic of the 60s again, walking along the most famous places along the Tiber.
- Il Marchese del Grillo: a wonderful movie by Alberto Sordi. A tour through reality and fiction, about the character that has always attractive Roman citizens and more, through the "Marchese" walk with his French friend, until the Fori Imperiali, where the visitors will be able to take pictures and discover many fun facts about the movie.
Do you want to stay in Rome?
For this location we recommend Hotel Ariston, the ideal starting point to discover Rome!